fimmtudagur, október 04, 2007

Free Burma




In support of the pro-democracy protesters in Burma - keep it up - the world is cheering you on. This is a part of the Support Burma; International Bloggers' day.

Note: Saturday, October 6 is the Day of Action for a Free Burma. This is a worldwide event, with protests in major cities everywhere. I'll be in Toronto.

I'd also like to post this email I've just received. People have been emailing companies working in Burma to urge them to pull out until the present military-run government adopts a democratic system. The people at Voyages to Asia were not so sympathetic. In fact they were downright rude. I'm a bit disgusted actually.

Hello Maddy,


Wednesday, October 3, 2007, 7:25:00 PM, you wrote:


>


Hello,

I travel a lot, and I was just wondering what your company is doing at the moment to support the pro-democracy movement in Burma. Many other companies have decided to pull out of Burma until the current government stops intimidating their citizens and accepts a democratic vision. What is your stance on this?

Thank you,

Madeleine Smith



We send about 500 travellers a year to Burma and will continue to do so, we do not care who you are and what you think.


--

Best regards,

info mailto:info@voyagestoasia.com


Wow. I'm not giving up here. For crying out loud, I didn't ask for them to change policy (yet), I just asked a question. I'll be replying to this very soon.

So, have you heard much about the crises in Burma? I'd like to know

1 ummæli:

Abram sagði...

wow frikin touchy buisness driven selfish bastards.