sunnudagur, október 11, 2009

When I meet someone I'm interested in, I have this habit of imagining how I'd turn him down gently. I've always done this, so I'm starting to wonder if I just haven't met anyone worth considering? Or is this being a little melodramatic..?


One of the best things about my work is getting to do kid things with kids. I'm working on building a cardboard house with the grade 1/2s and having a spectacular time. They are so creative! They remember things about what absolutely needs to be in a house that I tend to forget. Like a mail slot with mail in it, a doorbell, a chimney, a rabbit in the garden, and of course a treehouse. It's just fantastic to be able to enjoy their company and watch them work together on these things. On Thursday we're presenting our house to the parents at a potluck and even though most people there might think it doesn't look too great, or that we've missed important elements (like beds), this house represents a jumble of delightful half hours spent dreaming and discussing the importance of how to make a good toilet.

What childhood activity do you absolutely plan on passing on to your kids? Do you have any suggestions for things I should do with my kids in SJT?

Engin ummæli: