fimmtudagur, maí 14, 2009



1:50am
Can't sleep... sad and uptight.

Here is my coconut cream cake ^^
It took me 2 & 1/2 hours to make the crystallized violets. Sooo bloody tedious!
I should become a 1950's wife someday - I can knit, sew, clean, look after kids, play classical cello and make Victorian delicacies. AND I'm learning to tend the garden!
But I'd rather work in war zones.

Tomorrow I am going to:
-weed
-reinforce the veg. garden
-spread compost everywhere
-actually plant some flowers :) so far i've just been doing sort of prep stuff, but tomorrow the real work begins!

wheeee

3 ummæli:

kathleen sagði...

ahh that cake looks amazing! i'm jealous! we'll have to make one like that this summer...

i did some food making today! you'd be proud...




(inasulf)

Rachel sagði...

we can be 50s housewifes together. you'll just have to teach me to make the delicacies. but i can cook food-type meals and am also learning gardening stuff thanks to working on jons farm!
and replace knitting with crocheting.
please make me a cake. and i will make you a... something.

Madeleine sagði...

yay for learning to cook! i've been thinking about vegetarian cookbooks, but haven't been very active about finding some.

rachel, can you crochet me a doilie? that would make me very happy :)
and i think we should retire to the same old people's home.