sunnudagur, desember 28, 2008

bah

Against my better judgement, I shall post my new year's resolutions. But I'm going to start them tomorrow. A few practice days is a good thing.

  • Run 10 k by next winter. Not necessarily a fast 10 k.
  • Sundays are for fun. Good wholesome fun. Not homework.
  • 5 minute showers
I think these are attainable goals. I think I had resolutions last year, but I can't remember what they were. I'm going to go check.

I checked, and all I said is that it takes three weeks to break a habit. Maybe I was preparing myself for this year's resolutions.

6 ummæli:

dried sagði...

if it takes three weeks to break a habit, how long does it take to make one?

5 min showers would be a good one to add to mine too, I might consider that... I have to time how long it takes me to shower first...

Madeleine sagði...

i timed myself yesterday: 7 minutes
and that is insanely fast for me. but i did have to wait for the water to heat up and open a new bar of soap, so i think i can cut it down


my security word is "imper" which is short for impermeable, french for raincoat. this is obviously significant.

Jonathan sagði...

but showers are so warm and comforting...

"pegedi"

Darryl sagði...

With my half hour showers, any conservation accomplishments you make are completey cancelled out by me.

Just think about that when you're feeling unmotivated.

"demicked"

dried sagði...

good to see you're doing your part, darryl.

Madeleine sagði...

you are such a wuss
refusing the polar bear dip and half hour showers? you need a few weeks in the bush