föstudagur, júní 22, 2007

Week 8; Donna

Today we were split up into groups for the different age groups of the children.
Oh. Perhaps I should describe everyone first. Ok
So Debora is the Director of camp. Michelle is the co-director, and Christa is the directors aide.
Fred, the history major who I'm moving in with next week is the "floater," which means he goes from group to group checking up on everyone, helping where help is needed, and becoming friends with all the kids. He'll be really good at that.
Donna is my co-counselor. She is a mother of four.. and a grandmother once. She has an AMAZING laugh and is very very enthusiastic and silly. We work well together! Haha I am excited to work with her and listen to her and learn from her experiences.
Then theres Kristen who is doing theatre at Concordia, likes to have fun, and who has whiter legs than me, Nazrin from Iran who speaks three languages and is a good listener, Reesa(sp?) who surfs the internet a lot, likes working with the older age group mostly, and travels an hour and a half by train to and from work (such dedication!), Max who just graduated from highschool too (here thats grade 11... weird) and plays the guitar in a band, and Angela who has dreads(!) lives in Pointe St. Charles and is very cool in general. Then there is also Anna, a single mother of some very hyper boys who loves them a whole bunch, and she will be helping out with snacks and lunch and stuff like that.
Soooooo I am pretty stoked. Life is looking goooood. I am loving being independent and figuring out the metro system here, and trying to understand random french conversations, and meeting new people. Lots of things to do.. this weekend I think I will try and do as much french sort of stuff as possible to make up for all the english I've been using so far.

2 ummæli:

kathleen sagði...

sounds awesome maddie. i love reading about it all.

Darryl sagði...

falling behind again. tsk tsk.

anyways.
tu me manque...a bientot.